Tel: +62 21 2932 8217 - 18
Jl. DR Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung, Kav. E. 3.3, No. 3
Kawasan Mega Kuningan, Jakarta 12950, Indonesia
THAI SELECT CERTIFICATION
Thai Select or Thai Select Premium certification identifies Thai restaurants that offer at least 60 percent authentic Thai foods on their menus. They also imply that these restaurants employ the same or similar cooking methods as in Thailand and may import ingredients from Thailand. The certifications, however, neither rates foods nor endorses any quality standard of the restaurant. They merely indicate authenticity of the Thai foods prepared.
Thai restaurants bearing Thai Select and Thai Select Platinum logos each receive a certificate with the signature of the Director- General of the Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP), which would also indicate the date of issue.
The certification is divided into two categories based on the levels of design and service excellence:
• Thai Select Premium indicates a degree of excellence of 5-star or higher. This is given to restaurants with a score of 85 or above. With the premium status, the restaurants suggest traditional Thai decorations and outstanding services. Thai foods offered are authentic and are of premium quality. Overall, these restaurants produce a premier dining experience.
• Thai Select indicates a degree of excellence of 3 to 4-stars. This is presented to restaurants with a score between 75 and 84. These restaurants serve fine authentic Thai foods. Overall, these restaurantsoffer diners a fine dining experience.
Restaurants that possess the Thai Select or Thai Select Premium certification have menus with at least a 60-percent authentic Thai foods, and fit into one of the following categories:
• Classical Thai Restaurants. This category is reserved for restaurant that boasts traditional Thai decorations as well as features cutleries and serving containers from Thailand. These restaurants may also employ Thai chefs.
• Modern Thai Restaurants. This category does not require restaurants to use traditional Thai design in their decorations and is given to restaurants whose interior design constitute a modern style.
• Fast Food Outlets, Quick Serve Restaurants, or Home Delivery Services are eligible to apply for the Thai Select certificate and logo only. There is no requirement on decoration or design for this category.
Categories of Thai restaurants
1. Traditional Thai Cuisine : Restaurants offering Thai cuisine with traditional recipe and maintaining traditional Thai style.
2. Modern Thai Cuisine : Restaurants offering Modern Thai cuisine incorporating foods of different countries such as Spaghetti served with Thai green curry sauce and have interior decoration that would be considered Thai style.
3. Special Thai Cuisine : Restaurants offering specialty Thai Cuisine.
4. Chain restaurants with menus developed with cooperation from Thai government ( Honorable Thai Select ) and offering only Thai cuisine.
Privileges of Thai Select restaurants
1. Support for participation in the Thai Select Activities in Thailand International Trade Fairs, such as Thaifex
2. Invitation to attend international trade fairs in Thailand, annually.
3. Support for public relations/advertisements in general in both international and domestic media (according to DITP plan and budget allocation).
4. Opportunity of participate in development and promotional activities organized by the Department of International Trade Promotion.